A permanent record

Monday, March 06, 2006

Lazy Saturdays and Cultural Sundays...

Having said 'lazy' about my Saturday, I'm not sure that's the correct term, as I managed to achieve quite a lot - I stayed in all day, but I did washing and drying, cleaning and tidying, organising and washing up, throwing away unnecessary things and planning all my lessons for this week! Oh and filling in forms, and generally being organdised. It was really nice not to have to go out in the cold and wet and I sorted out everything I needed to sort out so that I could go out and enjoy my Sunday.

I went to meet up with Sara on Sunday morning, as she was in Pairs for a few days to see a concert today (Monday) - she was with her friend Amy from uni, and Amy's friends Barty and Vicky. We went to the Centre Pompidou (as it was the first Sunday of the month all the museums were free) and saw a couple of exhibitions - one by an artist called Hans Bellmer who seemed obsessed with a sort of life-sized doll, taking it apart and putting it back together and all sorts of strange things - quite disturbing; the other was lots of different artists, but it was done by theme, and had lots of famous artists' work (like Warhol, Dali, etc.) After the museum we had lunch in a café before I had to run off to meet Miguel.

We went to see 'In dem winden im nichts' by the Ballet de Zurich, which was amazing! The choreography was a really interesting combination of sharp angles and fluid movements, with lots of canon and recurring motifs which made it very interesting to watch, and it was all set to 3 of Bach's cello suites, beautifully played live. Fabulous! Afterwards we had a coffee in a bar called Amnésia in the marais (very funky with lots of orange lighting and Elvis playing in the background), wandered around for a bit taking in the Parisian atmosphere, then had another hot drink and cake before heading home. Miguel also agreed to give me a yoga lesson on Wednesday - should be interesting!

Today I was working at St Germain, and as usual no students turned up until the 3rd hour - I took some of Mme Boissonnet's students to work with though, so it was ok. I went for tea with Dashnee (the other english assistant at St Germain) after work, keeping our tradition of going to McDonalds on a Monday evening! I also went to the supermarket and bought a new set of sheets for my bed (need to wash my other ones and won't have time to do it all in one day, plus my new ones are blue to match my room) and bought my train tickets to go and visit Malc+Elaine at the weekend. Tomorrow I'm working from 8.30am til 4.30pm at Antony-val... wish me luck!



Post a Comment

<< Home