A permanent record

Monday, June 05, 2006

Work, Avenue Q and Oxford

Hello all!
I'm sorry I haven't written anything of any substance for ages - I've been busy! Last week I was temping for Hywel at the International Office, doing some telephone work and collating biographies for a conference programme (simple enough, and well paid!), which meant I was working in the same office as Antony for a few days! I tried not to distract him too much :p I also did quite a bit of Stewarding at the Arts Centre, including Cheek By Jowl's production of 'Twelfth Night' (in Russian, but I'm not sure why) which was amazingly good - at least, once I started watching it rather than trying to read the surtitles!

This weekend I went down to London to see a show I've been waiting to see for AGES - Avenue Q!! For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a sort of musical for people who don't like musicals - based on real life, but with some puppets... it's hard to describe! It's very un-PC, very rude and extremely funny! [ http://www.avenueqthemusical.co.uk ] I went with Antony and Tom, both of whom enjoyed it just as much as I did, and I bought lots of merchandise as souvenirs - a t-shirt and some badges and a mug :)

As an aside, my dad tells me my nan has finally worked out (just about) how to use the internet, and has a link to my blog on her computer, so hello nanny!

Tomorrow I am going to visit Amy in Oxford as she's finished her exams, and we can go punting and drink pimm's and do exciting Oxford-type things, and I'm coming back up to Coventry on Thursday, so I'll let you all know how it goes!
L xx

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home